I’m going to share a little secret with you all.
Hmmmm, how should I put this?
This may be totally shocking to you. Brace yourself.
Healthier versions of desserts don’t always taste as great as rich, sugar-laden, not-so-healthy desserts.
You are completely surprised right now aren’t you? 😉
I will let you in on another little secret….these Skinny Double Chocolate Brownies are the exception!
I feel as if I have done the impossible, I have made the not-so-healthy chocolate brownie HEALTHY AND DECADENT! The stars aligned and it just happened.
These low calorie brownies are every bit as indulgent and rich as they sound. Plus, they are only 100 calories per normal sized piece.
Not cool people, not cool. Ha!
This recipe makes 9 regular sized brownies at less than 100 calories per piece, 93 calories to be exact 🙂 These make the perfect dessert for any occasion. They were the perfect treat at a Mother Daughter Date Night!
I am not sure how it has happened, but I feel like it has become my life’s work (because us wives and mommies don’t have enough to do ;)) to come up with healthier versions of meals that are typically full of refined sugar, unhealthy fats, and/or processed foods.
This mission, so to speak, is a lot of trial and error. Do you remember my Clean Eating Donuts? I am guessing I baked at least 10-15 batches of those babies, and these brownies were no exception. However, there is nothing more satisfying than finally perfecting your recipe masterpieces!
So these Skinny Double Chocolate Brownies are the real deal! They are dense, moist, oh-so-gooey, and rich in chocolate flavor.
I am a little obsessed with coconut sugar because I love the flavor and using it as a lower glycemic alternative to refined sugar just makes sense to me.
I am SO excited to finally be able to share this skinny girl brownie recipe with the world! I just know you will LOVE it!
Skinny Double Chocolate Brownies
- food processor
- rubber spatula
- 8x8 glass pan
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup almond milk or any nut milk
- 3 Tbsp egg whites
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp stevia powder
- 4 Tbsp Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly spray an 8x8 glass pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set pan aside.
- Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips to your food processor and blend until all ingredients are incorporated. Then add in 2 Tbsp of your chocolate chips and pulse just until chip are incorporated into the batter.
- Pour batter into the greased glass pan. Smooth out the batter and top with the remaining 2 Tbsp of mini chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until top has cracked. The brownies should be set, but an inserted toothpick should not come out completely clean. If it does they are over baked.