Easy Taco Soup
This is an easy, healthy, & gluten free stove top meal that uses ground turkey (bison, beef, or venison) along with tons of clean eating vegetables and pantry items like canned beans. The option to use dairy free homemade ranch and taco seasonings take this dinner to a whole new level. This quick, skinny, and low carb recipe is simple to prepare and will quickly become a family favorite! Use your crock pot for this recipe for busy days or Instant Pot.
Servings: 6 people
- 1 lb ground meat (turkey, beef, venison)
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 2 cups frozen corn or 15 oz can, drained
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 15 oz can of beans, undrained I used an organic Tri-Bean Blend (kidney, black, and pinto beans) from Wal-Mart
- 2 cups water or bone broth (LOVE Kettle & Fire bone broth in this soup! “HappiHomemade” saves you 20%)
- 3 Tbsp homemade taco seasoning or 1 packet
- 3 Tbsp homemade ranch seasoning or 1 packet (RECIPE HERE)
- salt and pepper
In a large pot, brown the meat. Add in remaining ingredients and simmer for 30 minutes.
Taste. Add more seasoning such as chili or cayenne powder, salt, or pepper if needed. I've been known to stir in a generous drip of Frank's Hot Sauce to kick it up a notch!
Top with plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, avocado, or lime wedges!
This soup is quite thick, feel free to add more water or bone broth to "stretch" the meal further!
Crock-pot variation: Place all ingredients including browned meat in crock-pot and cook on low for 6 hours.