Baked Pumpkin Donuts 3 Ways
Easy Baked Pumpkin Donuts | How sweet it is to bake healthy, gluten-free, and delicious donuts with all the flavors of fall! This dairy free breakfast is packed with flavor, yet low calorie. The best part about these skinny pumpkin donuts is that you can choose your favorite of 3 topping recipes- almond milk cream cheese, cinnamon sugar, vanilla glazed! These are a perfect option for anyone choosing a clean eating or whole foods lifestyle! Use a flax egg for a vegan friendly brunch! Find more healthified recipes at happihomemade.com.
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Cook Time25 minutes mins
Total Time40 minutes mins
Course: Beverage, Dessert, Snack
Cuisine: All American
Keyword: autumn, dairy free, donut, donuts, doughnut, fall, gluten free, pumpkin, pumpkin spice, refined sugar free
Servings: 6 donuts
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend (I used a 1-1 blend) Click HERE for Recipe
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar or monk fruit sweetener for sugar free
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie seasoning
- 1/16 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 oz Kite Hill Dairy Free Cream Cheese or regular (at room temp) if not dairy free
- 2 Tbsp powdered monk fruit sweetener
- almond milk if necessary to thin frosting
Sugar Free Vanilla Glaze
- 1/2 cup monk fruit powdered sugar or regular powdered sugar
- 3 tsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Cinnamon and Sugar Topping
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 375F. Spray donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Mix dry ingredients together in small bowl. Mix wet ingredients together in separate small bowl. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
Scoop dough into the corner of a quart-sized storage bag. Cut off the tip of the bag and pipe into greased donut pan. (You may need to wet your fingers and smooth out the batter to make it more even.)
Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into donut comes out clean and donuts are a deep golden brown. Allow to cool before adding your favorite topping!
3 Toppings Options
Cream Cheese Frosting: Whip together dairy free Kite Hill cream cheese (if using regular cream cheese make sure it is at room temp) and powdered monk fruit sweetener in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer until combined. Spread frosting on donuts with a knife and sprinkle with cinnamon, coconut sugar, or fall sprinkles.
Sugar Free Vanilla Glaze: Mix the 3 ingredients together in a shallow bowl and dunk donuts into glaze OR drizzle over donuts with the tines of a fork.
Cinnamon-Sugar Topping: Place water in a bowl just wide and shallow enough to dip the donuts. Then mix together the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl and pour out onto a small plate. Quickly dip each side of the donut in the water and then smoosh into the sugar mixture to coat all sides of the donut.
- I have used whole wheat flour to make these donuts and they turn out just as well. I do add another Tbsp of milk to thin out the batter a little.
- The gluten-free version of these donuts is best eaten the same day. The whole wheat version, however, does taste well after being refrigerated. I usually remove them from the refrigerator and allow them to warm to room temperature and add my topping of choice!
- Are you in need of a donut pan? Click HERE to see the one I use!
- Use a flax egg recipe for a vegan donut option.