How to Make Allergy Friendly Reindeer Chow
Allergy Friendly Reindeer Chow | This Christmas puppy chow recipe is easy and perfect to give as a gift in a mason jar, set out during the holidays as a snack, or leave for Santa. Use nut free Sunbutter, gluten free and soy free pretzels and Chex cereal, and dairy free dark chocolate chips in this Muddy Buddies Mix. Make this chex mix recipe dessert with twisty pretzels and red & green M&Ms. Holiday treats for kids that use no peanut butter are hard to come by and this one is delicious and fast with 10 min prep!
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups gluten free Snyders mini pretzels
- 1 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Sunbutter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup holiday candy coated chocolates or M&Ms optional
Pour Chex cereal and pretzels into a very large bowl. Set aside.
In two gallon-sized Ziploc bags, add 1 cup powdered sugar to each bag. Set aside.
In a medium sized glass bowl, add chocolate chips, Sunbutter, and olive oil. Microwave 2 minutes on power setting 5. Stir until combined and the chocolate is completely melted. Stir in the vanilla.
Pour chocolate mixture over cereal and pretzels. Gently mix until cereal and pretzels are coated.
Pour 1/2 the chocolatey mixture into the two gallon-sized bags. Seal bags and shake until powdered sugar coats all the cereal mixture.
Open each bag and lay the bags on their sides to allow the mixture to cool and dry out a bit.
When mixture is cool, add candy coated chocolates to each bag. Store in an airtight bags until ready to package for gifts or set out for company to enjoy.
- Add more powdered sugar to the bags if you need more sugar coating after shaking the bags. Depending on the brand of ingredients and measurements, you may need a little more sugar to coat the Reindeer Chow properly.
- Use regular peanut butter and chocolate chips, butter for the olive oil, and any kind of Chex cereal if allergies are of no concern.
- The M&Ms are optional because I cannot find dairy and soy free candy coated chocolate for the life of me! Plus, Ryan prefers this Reindeer Chow without the candies. The kids and I have a different opinion. ;)