You will love these gluten free Skinny Chocolate Cookies with low calorie powdered peanut butter frosting!
I love creating snacks that contain healthy ingredients and are low in calories! Of course, there are times to indulge and throw calorie counts out the window, but for me, I choose to keep track of my calories when I am trying to lose weight or I get off track…FAST!
So, you won’t always see calorie counts for 90% of the foods on our blog, but I am just so tickled that these skinny cookies contains only 250 calories (in the whole batch!), I couldn’t help but share it with you.
Now, let me just say...this recipe is not for you if you can eat a box of Girl Scout cookies twice a week and your waistline stays slim and trim.
By the way, I can’t relate to you people.
We can still be friends, just don’t mention your freakish metabolism to me. 😉
Each Skinny Chocolate Cookies contains about 60 calories and they don’t taste like cardboard.
Chocolate and peanut butter that I technically can have everyday if I want and not see any negative ramifications?? Can you tell I am a little excited?!
If you are not familiar with PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter, it is a dry powder made out of peanuts. You can add water to it and it magically turns into peanut butter without all the calories and fat.
When I am not using it for these cookies, I like to mix it into my plain Greek yogurt and eat it with diced apples. There are so many possibilities with this product!
This recipe easily makes 4 decent-sized skinny cookies that can be shared with your “Best Foodie Friend” or your children. But if sharing isn’t your strong suit, eat them all yourself! They pair perfectly with a warm mug of your favorite coffee! Enjoy!
Now onto the delicious Skinny Chocolate Cookies recipe!
Skinny Chocolate Cookies
- 1 small bowl
- 1 baking sheet
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour blend G&S GF Flour Blend Recipe
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg white
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 13 drops liquid Stevia
- 2 Tbsp PB2 (peanut butter alternative) PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp cold water
- 1 Tbsp unsweeted coconut flakes toasted in oven for 1-2 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all cookie batter ingredients in a small bowl. Divide dough into 4 portions and drop onto a greased cookie sheet or a Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat lined cookie sheet. Bake 10-11 minutes or until cookies are set. They will no longer be wet on the outside and not squishy when touched. Be careful to not over bake or they will taste dry.
- While cookies bake, mix PB2 and water in a small dish. You can spread it on the top of each cookie with a knife. Another option is to add extra water to the mixture to make it a looser consistency. Then put into a plastic baggie and cut the end off a corner and drizzle over cookies.
- Cool cookies for a few minutes and then spread peanut butter frosting on them.
- (Optional) You may top these cookie with the unsweetened coconut flakes. Place them in the oven on your cookie sheet the last 1-2 minutes while baking your cookies.