This delectable ethnic dish has been in my life for 5 years now.
It has been on the G&S recipe to-do list since the beginning of G&S. We’re talking 2014 people….
Needless to say, I am thrilled to FINALLY be sharing this one-pot Clean Eating Chicken & Sweet Potato Curry with you!
I need to level with you though. I have never eaten curry other than this curry.
So is this authentic? I have no idea. Is it delicious. Yep!
I have family, friends, and neighbors that will verify that. One neighbor actually told me, she doesn’t like most curry recipes but she really liked this one because the curry flavor was not overpowering.
Really this recipe could be named anything, Delicious Sweet Potato and Chicken One Pot Meal or Spicy Chicken & Sweet Potato Stove Top Dish. Call it what you like, but it does taste deliciously ethnic, especially to this small town girl.
Thank you curry powder!
I love the simplicity of the ingredients and preparation of this Clean Eating Chicken & Sweet Potato Curry. It has very few ingredients (7!) and takes no time at all to prepare. Saute the onions, brown the chicken, soften the sweet potatoes, and add in the frozen peas. All in one pot. In a matter of minutes.
7 Ingredient Chicken & Sweet Potato Curry #skinny #glutenfree #sammisrecipes Click To Tweet
See? Easy peasy.
We typically serve our curry over rice or quinoa. Though I usually eat mine without the added starches. It is perfectly hearty while being perfectly healthy too.
I have even added spinach to the finished dish and let it wilt down to add some extra veggie power.
This recipe was first introduced to me by Sarah @ SarahKoontz.com, the other founding lady of this blog. She loves to be in the kitchen as much as I do, but her specialty is making a meal one time. I think she literally made this dish on a whim, served it to me, and forgot about it. Ha!
I, however, could never forget about this recipe and I know you will feel the same way too!
Clean Eating Chicken and Sweet Potato Curry
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 chicken breasts, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1" pieces
- 1.5-2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 (15oz) can canned light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Lightly spray a large skillet or soup pot with non-stick cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add diced onions and saute for a few minutes or until translucent. Then add diced chicken and cook until browned.
- Next, add to the pot the sweet potatoes, 1 /12 Tbsp curry powder, coconut milk, chicken broth and simmer uncovered until sweet potatoes are soft. (You can always add the other 1/2 Tbsp curry powder at the end if you need more zing!)
- Lastly add in frozen peas, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined and cook for 1 minute or until the peas are no longer frozen. Take off heat and add more salt and pepper to suite your palate. Serve alone or over rice or quinoa.