These Easy Beef Enchiladas are packed with healthy whole food ingredients and only take minutes to prepare.
With only 8 ingredients, you will definitely add this enchilada recipe to your monthly meal rotation!
Are you curious what is in an enchilada? Well there are so many varieties, but below is what I used!
I typically make these with ground beef or ground turkey. Both meats work well and marry well with the canned chili beans.
In regards to enchilada sauce, do you prefer red or green? My family prefers green so that is what I use in these enchiladas. However, use the flavor or color that you most like!
The brand, Las Palmas Mild Green Enchilada Sauce, is our favorite as the Hatch Mild Green Enchilada Sauce is quite spicy for our taste.
Easy Beef Enchiladas Recipe Ingredients:
1lb ground beef or turkey
1 bell pepper
1- 15oz can chili beans
3 cups shredded cheese or dairy free shredded cheese
These Easy Beef Enchiladas are quite versatile! You will find that substituting your favorite sauce or protein works every time.
Our preference is ground beef from Parker Pastures in Colorado. Their cattle spend their days on green, mountain valley pastures in Gunnison, Colorado. The meat is never treated with antibiotics or hormones and is always organically minded and GMO free. Click HERE to see their ordering options!
The taco seasoning packet and canned chili beans add great flavor and just enough heat. If you like your meals spicier, add some cayenne powder and/or sriracha sauce to your enchilada filling!
Diced onion and bell pepper makes the most sense to me to add to this recipe. If you have corn, zucchini, or yellow squash on hand you could add them as well.
If you are interested in other enchilada flavored recipes or Mexican inspired recipes here are some you will love!
Try topping your enchiladas with guacamole, pico de gallo, plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, and shredded lettuce. If you know me, you know I am all about the toppings. The more the merrier!
Easy Beef Enchiladas
- sauté pan
- 9×13 pan
- wooden spoon
- 1 lb ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 taco seasoning packet or 3 Tbsp homemade
- 1 15oz can chili beans, undrained
- 2 10oz green enchilada sauce (we prefer Las Palmas mild)
- 3 cups shredded cheese (plant based shreds for dairy free)
- 8 whole wheat taco or burrito-sized tortillas (gluten free tortillas, if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9×13 pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Brown ground meat until cooked. Once meat is browned, add diced onion and pepper until softened.
- Add taco seasoning and chili beans to the sauté pan. Mix all the contents together until well combined.
- Section out the meat mixture in the sauté pan into 8 sections by scoring it with your spatula or wooden spoon.
- Pour 1/2 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of the greased 9×13 pan.
- To assemble the enchiladas: Fill each tortilla evenly with one section of the meat mixture, drizzle 1-2 Tbsp enchilada sauce over the meat mixture, and 2 Tbsp of shredded cheese over that. Roll the tortillas tightly to close and place in prepared baking, dish seam side down.
- Once all the enchiladas are assembled, pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the entire pan, covering the tortillas. Then sprinkle the pan with 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sides of pan are bubbling.
- Once plated, top enchiladas with sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, pico de gallo, salsa, guacamole, and/or shredded lettuce.