This post is sponsored by Jus Rol. All opinions are mine. #amazingmadeeasy
You will love how easy this quick recipe comes together. In minutes, you can have a fun pie-like dessert ready to wow your guests.
What is a galette or crostata?
A galette is a rustic, free-form fruit tart, baked directly on a lined baking sheet rather than in a pie pan. Think open-faced pie that looks very rustic! They are dreamy!
I’m so excited to show you how to make a galette. It is so so simple!
Just roll out your Jus-Rol™ Pie Crust, place your filling on top leaving about 2 inches of pie dough as a border and fold the crust in over the filling. Easy peasy!
I usually brush the edges of the crust with an egg wash and sprinkle large granules of sugar on top.
Any pie crust will do, but if you haven’t used Jus-Rol pie crusts yet you are missing out. Jus-Rol makes it easy to prepare impressive vegan appetizers, vegetarian entrees, and baked fruit desserts.
Basically amazing made easy. 🙂 Their products are made in the USA with the highest-quality ingredients. Jus-Rol products are non-GMO, include no artificial flavors/colors, high fructose corn
syrup or bleached flour.
Plus all Jus-Rol products are vegetarian!
I love the fact that the pie crust is already rolled on baking paper for simple prep and easy clean up.
No need to add flour to your baking surface or a piece of parchment paper to prevent sticking. Yay!
All Jus-Rol products are available in the refrigerated dairy case. Be sure to try their refrigerated pizza dough, puff pastry dough, and flatbread dough too.
Easy Patriotic Galette Recipe Ingredients:
21 oz can apple pie filling
21 oz strawberry pie filling (or cherry pie filling)
21 oz blueberry pie filling
1/4 cup course sugar
Two pie crusts and the fillings make enough for at least two galettes that will feed eight dessert loving friends. If you want to get fancy you can buy a third pie crust and use a small star-shaped cookie cutter to add some stars to the stripes of your old glory pie.
Oh, and their are no soggy bottoms with these beauties. Golden brown crust on the top, bottom and sides. Perfection with Jus-Rol!
Okay, let’s get you the full recipe for this Easy Patriotic Galette! Yay America!
Easy Patriotic Galette
- 1 large baking sheet
- 1 small bowl
- 1 pastry brush
- 2 Jus-Rol pie crusts
- 21 oz apple pie filling
- 21 oz strawberry pie filling
- 21 oz blueberry pie filling
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup course sanding sugar
- additional pie crust to make stars optional
- small star-shaped cookie cutter optional
- Take pie crusts out of the refrigerator and let rest on the counter for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Roll out pie doughs flat. Leave the dough on the baking paper and place on baking sheet or two separate baking sheets.
- Measure 2 inches around the edges of the pie crust and once you start adding filling be sure you leave the border to fold the dough over the fruit filling.
- Time to assemble. Place about 1 cup strawberry pie filling on the left side of the dough in a line. Then add about 1 cup apple pie filling next to the strawberry filling. Lastly, add 1 cup blueberry filling next to the apple pie filling.
- Now you have the red, white and blue filling done!
- Fold the 2" rim of the dough up and over the edge of the filling, overlapping the dough as you go around and pleating the dough. It should look rustic, not perfect. 😉
- Place the egg in a small dish and whisk until combined. Brush the crust with the egg wash and sprinkle with the course sugar.
- (Optional) Take the 3rd pie crust and using a small star-shaped cookie cutter make 6-8 stars and place on top of the pie filling. Brush the stars with the egg wash and sprinkle with the course sugar
- Bake 25-28 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream after galette has cooled 15 minutes. Enjoy!