Yogurt Peanut Butter Dip is sweet, creamy, and full of protein to keep you full while satisfying your cravings! Made with five ingredients, it comes together with minimal prep time and just a few minutes. Serve it with all your favorite dippers for a fun snack or dessert!
Homemade High-Protein Peanut Butter Dip
Apples dipped in peanut butter are my daughter’s favorite after-school snack. Each time I offer her an apple she sweetly asks, “Can I have peanut butter with it?” And each time, I smile and place a generous dollop of the creamy goodness on her plate of sliced fruit.
Of course, I would love to eat as much peanut butter as she does. However, that’s not the best option for my health goals. That’s where this Skinny Peanut Butter Powder Fruit Dip for One comes in to save the day!
I am happy to share my little peanut butter secret with you…powdered peanut butter!
I was introduced to this delicious peanut butter “alternative” a couple of years ago. Now, I use it almost daily. It features finely pressed peanuts that have the consistency of a fine powder.
As a result of the preparation process, a lot of the calories and fat disappear. You get all the nutty flavor you love and a fraction of the calories!
Now don’t get me wrong, I am all about eating plenty of healthy fats and calories. However, I do enjoy this particular “skinny” food.
I alternate between this peanut butter fruit dip and my Skinny Chocolate Dip for One almost every single night. This easy peanut butter powder recipe only contains 135 calories but tastes ultra rich and decadent. Hello, low-calorie, gluten-free, clean eating, and vegetarian sweet snack. 🙂
How to Make Easy Yogurt Peanut Butter Dip
Below is an overview of the ingredients and instructions to make this recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card below for the complete details and nutrition information!
- Yogurt – I use low-fat plain Greek yogurt to keep this recipe low in calories and high in protein. However, you can use any plain or vanilla yogurt you like best!
- Powdered Peanut Butter – Find this online or in the peanut butter or baking sections of your local grocery store. More often than not, I purchase powdered peanut butter at Sam’s Club. The price is typically more affordable! I have not noticed a difference between the different brands such as PB2, PBfit, and NakedPB.
- Coconut Sugar – Powdered sugar or granulated sugar will also work.
- Vanilla Extract – Omit this if you’re using vanilla-flavored yogurt.
- Salt – Trust me on this! Just a pinch helps enhance the flavor of the rest of the ingredients, making the dip even sweeter.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl until they’re smooth and creamy.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon on top, if desired.
- Serve with your dippers of choice!
I prefer to serve it with apple slices for dipping or eat it with a spoon for a healthy snack. However, it’s also great with dippers like:
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Graham Crackers
How Else Can I Use Powdered Peanut Butter?
Use powdered peanut butter in all the ways you would use creamy peanut butter! Here are some of my favorite ways to use peanut butter powder:
Mixed with water and spread over celery for Ants on a Log with raisins or chocolate chips
Combined with water and served as a dip with carrot sticks
Drizzled over Apple Nachos with Peanut Butter Sauce
Added to chocolate smoothies (You get all the flavors of a peanut butter cup!)
Can I Prepare this Peanut Butter Dip in Advance?
This recipe is best served right away. However, if needed, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one to two days. Just be sure to give it a good stir before you serve!
Common Questions About This Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip
Absolutely! Just swap out the Greek yogurt for your favorite dairy-free variety. Or, use a dairy-free cream cheese.
Yes, look for creamy varieties for easy mixing. If possible, avoid natural peanut butter as it tends to separate and can cause your dip to become runny.
Sure! If you can find it, feel free to substitute any other nut butter powder. Or, mix in real nut butter instead.
More Easy Dessert Recipes
Yogurt Peanut Butter Dip (5 Ingredients) Recipe
- 1 small bowl
- measuring spoons
- measuring cup
- 1 spoon
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- apple, banana, or other fruit
- ground cinnamon to sprinkle on fruit optional
- Mix all ingredients (minus the fruit & cinnamon) in a small bowl.1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt, 2 Tablespoons powdered peanut butter, 1 teaspoon coconut sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, dash of salt
- Wash and slice apple. Cut into wedges or prepare other fruit of choice. Sprinkle apple with cinnamon before dipping. Enjoy!apple, banana, or other fruit, ground cinnamon to sprinkle on fruit