This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of Bertolli®.
#VDayTuscanWay #Bertolli #RosaSauce
Some go out to dinner on Valentine’s Day and some stay in.
We choose to stay in.
A family Valentine’s party at home is always our choice of fun and we look forward to it every year.
We enjoy good food like this Orecchiette Pasta & Chicken in Rosa Sauce, chocolate covered strawberries, maybe a heart shaped cookie or two, and always each other’s company.
Heart shaped pizzas have been known to grace our Valentine’s table, but we are gladly ditching the pizza for this delectable pasta.
Plus, selfishly, this pasta makes enough to feed our family of 4 for two nights so prep once and eat twice. #winning
The sauce. OH. THE. SAUCE.
Bertolli® Sauce is absolutely delicious. Can I level with you? I usually buy the cheapest sauces for recipes because I know I can doctor up the flavor by adding in my own spices.
News flash! YOU DON’T HAVE TO DO THAT WITH BERTOLLI SAUCES.
This entire recipe contains no additional spices aside from the salt and pepper to season the chicken and sauteed veggies. No garlic, basil, oregano, NOTHING.
Many sauces are made the Italian way, but only Bertolli Sauces are made the Tuscan Way by using simple ingredients cooked lightly in olive oil creating layers of flavor.
Let’s just say, I am on on the Bertolli Tuscan Way train and I am not looking back.
You are going to love the simplicity of this recipe and the short ingredient list.
- Bertolli Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic
- Bertolli Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 16 oz orecchiette pasta
- Salt and pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese as topping
- Parsley as garnish, optional
Not sure where to purchase the Bertolli marinara sauce? Click HERE to enter your zip code to find the store nearest you!
What about the creamy Alfredo sauce? Find all the details HERE. Oh, I CANNOT WAIT for you to try this rosa sauce.
It is heavenly! You will definitely taste the Tuscan difference!
The combining of the marinara and alfredo sauce to make the Rosa Sauce will leave your taste buds singing. I literally don’t know if I want to have either sauce on their own again because the combination of them is soooo yummy.
If you have always gone out for a Valentine’s Day Dinner, I hope this Orecchiette Pasta & Chicken in Rosa Sauce will convince you to stay home, relax, and enjoy a romantic night in. You won’t regret it. Promise!
Orecchiette Pasta & Chicken in Rosa SauceCourse: Main Dish
24 oz jar Bertolli Traditional Marinara with Italian Herbs and Fresh Garlic
15 oz jar Bertolli Alfredo With Aged Parmesan Cheese
2 large chicken breasts (or 3 medium sized)
1 small red onion, diced
1 small red bell pepper, diced
16 oz orecchiette pasta
Salt and pepper
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese as topping
Parsley as garnish, optional
- Trim fat and skin off chicken breasts and generously season with salt and pepper. (Have you ever tasted an overly seasoned chicken breast? Me neither! Be GENEROUS! 😉 )
- Heat a large pan over medium heat. Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray and add chicken breasts. Brown the chicken and cook through. Remove chicken from pan onto a cutting board.
- Start boiling a pot of water for the pasta. When the water starts to boil add in a generous amount of salt (1-2 Tbsp). Cook pasta according to directions on the package. Drain water and set pasta aside until ready.
- Add diced red pepper and red onion to the same pan the chicken browned in. Spray pan again with non-stick cooking spray. Saute the veggies on medium heat until they are softened. Turn off the heat.
- As the pasta is cooking and the veggies are sauteing, slice the chicken breasts thinly. Add the chicken medallions back into the pan of veggies along with the two Bertolli sauces, and the cooked pasta. Stir all of these ingredients together over low heat until combined.
- Top finished pasta with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
- It’s very important to season recipes as you go. Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper before browning, salt the pasta water, and add salt and pepper to the onions and peppers as they cook.
- Feel free to use any pasta you prefer if you cannot find orecchiette.
- Red bell pepper and purple onion are so festive for Valentine’s Day, but use any pepper or onion you prefer.