You ask and I deliver. 😉
This Bruschetta Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is simple, flavorful, and healthy.
I can’t wait for you to try it!
Are you kinda crushing on how colorful this Bruschetta Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner is? Me too!
If you can find colorful cherry tomatoes, DO IT!
Otherwise, plain old-beautiful red cherry tomaters will do. 🙂
Oh, and that red onion…yes please! Plus, the green chiffonade basil. Shut the front door.
Let’s chat about the Italian seasoning used. I make my own Italian seasoning, because I don’t prefer the ones sold in most grocery stores. Most of the store-bought varieties only contain basil, rosemary, oregano, and thyme. However, I want garlic, onion, and salt in there as well.
I’m extra like that. Ha!
So if you are using a store-bought variety, make sure to add a little garlic powder to the chicken along with the Italian seasoning.
Not only is this Bruschetta Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner wonderful straight out of the oven, but it is DELICIOUS as leftovers.
There is just something about the flavorful roasted cherry tomatoes and sliced onions mixed with the tender chicken that has my taste buds singing.
This dinner is already gluten-free and keto-friendly, but would be easy to make dairy-free as well if you omit the mozzarella cheese.
I like the addition of the cheese, but to each their own. 😉
In regards to the balsamic glaze (this is the one I use) within the recipe ingredients, if you have it on hand- great, if not, no big deal. It does add a nice flavor component, but the dish is yummy without it.
Honesty check…I didn’t add any photos with the balsamic glaze drizzle because they just didn’t look as pretty. All I could think of was zebras. The chicken resembled the pattern of a zebra and I just couldn’t get on board with that. HA!
So, what do you guys want to see next? More sheet pan meals? More healthy desserts? Snacks?
Let me know down in the comments!
Happy Eating! Enjoy this Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken Dinner!
Bruschetta Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 large bowl
- 1 sheet pan
- 2 cups colorful cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 6 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning (see recipe notes)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 5 basil leaves, julienned
- balsamic glaze (optional)
- In a large bowl, gently mix together cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion, 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, and 1/2 tsp salt. Set aside while you prepare chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- On a baking sheet, place the 4 chicken breasts. Pour 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil on each chicken breast and make sure each side is coated. Next, season each side of the chicken breasts generously with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- **Have you ever had chicken that was over-seasoned? Me neither! Don't be afraid to sprinkle more salt and pepper than "feels comfortable".**
- Pour marinated tomatoes and onions on sheet pan in between chicken breasts.
- Lastly, top each chicken breast with 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Sprinkle pan with chiffonade (sliced thinly) basil and drizzle with balsamic glaze (optional). Store leftovers in the fridge...if you are lucky enough to have any!