If I didn’t have a bliss ball for every holiday would I even be true to myself? Ha!
These Easter Energy Bars are my classic recipe with special pastel M&Ms.
Can you blame me for loving these Easter M&M’s Energy Bars? Once you try them you’ll be a devout fan too!
Most of my friends and family have been given these gluten free energy bites at one time or another for good reason. They are incredibly easy to prepare and are super versatile – you can use what you have on hand.
Here is the simple ingredient list for Easter M&M’s Energy Bars:
- old fashioned oatmeal
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- nut butter of choice or nut free Sunbutter
- ground flaxseed or hemp seeds
- Easter M&Ms, coarsely chopped or crushed
You can easily substitute any nut butter or nut free butter like Sunbutter, made from sunflower seeds, for the peanut butter. I use a different nut butter every time I make these no bake energy balls!
If shredded coconut is not your thing, omit it and add oatmeal in it’s place.
To make these Easter M&M’s Energy Bars dairy free use these vegan chocolate gems in place of regular M&Ms. If m&m are not your thing, omit all together. 🙂
I like to use a mixture of ground flaxseed and hemp seeds, but even cranberry seeds would be pretty.
My favorite way to make this “batter” into bites is to press the mixture into a bread pan lined with plastic wrap. I find it is much easier than rolling into balls like I have done for years. Most of the energy bite recipes above use the rolling method.
However, there is no wrong way to make these festive beauties!
I wish you a beautiful Resurrection Sunday while enjoying these yummy Easter treats.
Easter M&M’s Energy Bars
- large bowl
- wooden spoon
- bread pan
- plastic wrap
- 2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew or Sunbutter)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup Easter M&M's, coarsely chopped or crushed
- Mix all ingredients in bowl.
- Press the mixture into a bread pan lined with plastic wrap, refrigerate for at least 1 hour, remove from fridge and cut into bars. **OR** Scoop out 1 Tbsp of batter at a time and roll into balls.
- Store bites in sealed container.
- **If your mixture is very sticky, add more oats or chill mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes and then roll into bites.