Holiday themed snacks are SO my thing.
I love creating new recipes for the holidays.
All. Of. Them. Holidays are just too fun. AmIright?!
These lovely 6 Ingredient Valentine Energy Bites are just too cute for words.
…Well almost too cute for words. To please the Google “gods” this post has to contain at least 300 words. Ha!
If these particular energy bites seem a teensy bit familiar that is because they are almost identical to my Christmas Energy Bites recipe. I just switched up the M&Ms.
Why reinvent the wheel when we have a good thing going? 😉
Kids and adults alike will go gaga over these little beauties. They are so delicious and so easy to prepare. All you need is a bowl and spoon. No food processor or fancy gadgets.
You can also use the ingredients that you have in your own pantry. My recipe is simply your guide!
If you don’t have old-fashioned (rolled) oatmeal use quick oats. Same for the peanut butter. Cashew, almond, pecan, or any nut butter you have on hand will work just fine. Even a nut-free sunbutter is a great substitute.
Honey is honey for the most part, so I guess you do have to use that unless you have another sticky and thick substitute.
But I believe in you, maybe you are more creative than me and have the perfect substitute in mind. 🙂
As for the shredded coconut, I know some prefer their bites without it. (I don’t understand you, but we can still be friends.) If that is the case, just add in a little more oatmeal, flax seeds, or hemp seeds to make up the difference.
By adding either ground flaxseed and/or hemp seeds you are bumping up the nutritional content of each little bite.
The flaxseed and/or hemp seeds pretty much cancel out the sugar and not-so-nutritious elements of the M&Ms.
Seriously, it just magically happens. 😉
But let’s be real, we can have a little fun and eat a few M&Ms here and there, especially on Valentine’s Day. A little bit of chocolate is a must on this holiday!
More energy bites recipes (click to open):
Alright, let’s get you the recipe for these fun 6 Ingredient Valentine Energy Bites!
6 Ingredient Valentine Energy Bites
- 2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter*
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup Valentine M&Ms, coarsely chopped or crushed
- Mix all ingredients in bowl. Scoop out 1 Tbsp at a time. Press and roll into balls. ***OR press the mixture into a bread pan lined with plastic wrap, refrigerate for at least 1 hour, remove from fridge and cut into bars.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat! Store bites in sealed container.
- **If your mixture is very sticky, add more oats or chill mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes and then roll into bites.