Six Ingredient Valentine’s Day No Bake Energy Bites are the perfect treat to celebrate the holiday! Chewy rolled oats combine with coconut flakes, peanut butter, and festive candies for a sweet, chocolatey treat full of fiber and nutrients, too!
No Bake Energy Bites for Valentine’s Day
Valentine’s Day is all about treating yourself and your loved ones, right? Well, there’s no better way to do just that than with these easy no-bake energy bites!
Bite-sized and perfectly poppable, every bite is loaded with rich chocolate and peanut butter flavor. Name a better combination. I’ll wait.
Even better, they come together with a prep time of about 15 minutes and require absolutely zero baking. The only hard part is waiting for them to set!
You can even mix and match different ingredients to suit different flavor preferences and dietary needs. Make a big batch for holiday parties, afterschool snacks, or an on-the-go breakfast. And don’t be surprised when you find yourself making these festive treats all year long!
Six Essential Ingredients and Easy Substitutions
Below is an overview of the ingredients and instructions to make this recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card below for the complete details, nutrition information, etc.
- Oats – Old-fashioned rolled oats are best and act as the foundation of these balls, adding texture and combining all the ingredients. Look for certified gluten-free varieties if you need to keep these bites gluten-free!
- Shredded Coconut Flakes – These add a nice, chewy texture and a boost of healthy fats. I recommend using unsweetened varieties for a well-balanced flavor.
- Honey – This acts as the “glue” holding everything together. If preferred, maple syrup can be substituted.
- Creamy Peanut Butter – Similar to honey, this helps hold everything together and adds a delicious nutty flavor. Feel free to substitute any creamy nut or seed butter you prefer.
- Ground Flaxseed – These add extra texture, healthy fats, and fiber. Ground hemp seeds also work well.
- M&Ms – Opt for Valentine-themed candies to make these energy bites extra festive! Then, just chop them into pieces. You can always use different holiday colors to enjoy these bites throughout the year, too.
How to Make Valentine’s Day Themed No Bake Energy Bites
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl, and mix until well combined.
- Scoop out about a tablespoon of the “batter” at a time.
- Press and squeeze each portion between your hands, shaping it into balls.
- Arrange the balls in a single layer on a baking sheet, and transfer them to the fridge to chill and set.
Note: If you prefer to make energy bars, combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Then, press the mixture into a bread pan lined with plastic wrap, and chill.
Potential Flavor Variations
The great thing about no-bake energy bites is that there’s really no rules! Try out a variety of different flavor combinations to see what you like best.
Some great options include:
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or White Chocolate Chips
- Raisins or Dried Cranberries
- Cocoa Powder
- Peanut Butter Chips
You can even dunk or drizzle them with melted chocolate once they’re set!
- Store leftover energy bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Freeze your bites in a sealable bag or airtight container for up to three months. Enjoy frozen, or set them out at room temperature a bit to soften before digging in.
More Energy Bite Recipes
Valentine’s Day No Bake Energy Bites Recipe
- 1 bowl
- 1 spoon
- 2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (see notes)
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup Valentine M&Ms, coarsely chopped or crushed
- Mix all ingredients together until combined in a medium-sized bowl.
- Scoop out 1 Tablespoon of batter at a time. Press and squeeze the batter together with your hands then shape/roll into balls (see notes). ***OR press the mixture into a bread pan lined with plastic wrap, refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or freeze for 1/2 hour), then remove the batter from the pan and cut into bite-sized squares.
- Store bites in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or the freezer for 3 months.