This Coconut Lime Energy Balls recipe has been on my mind for a year.
I made it on a whim before a day of family hiking last summer.
I never imagined these 4 Ingredient Coconut Lime Energy Bites would be so memorable. Yet 1 year later, I knew I had to make them again to share with you!
In prepping for any family adventure, I always prepare a lunch and snacks to tote along. Typical items that make the list are apples, baby carrots, sandwiches, crackers, something sweet, and plenty of water. On most occasions, the “sweet” are my favorite homemade granola bars or my other favorite version of energy bites.
I try to make items that can get squashed in my husband’s backpack, but will still taste amazing. If granola bars get crushed, we have granola. If healthy energy balls get bent out of shape we have energy bars. We try to go with the flow during family adventures!
Bless my husband. He is the token pack horse on our hikes.
Heaven forbid I be asked to carry more than my lightweight Camelbak and phone. 😉
These little nuggets of deliciousness were one of the highlights of our day.
They radiated summer!
I don’t typically think of gluten free & dairy free energy bites as a refreshing and light treat, but these were just that. The bright flavors of the lime zest and juice paired with coconut were just heavenly on that hot day.
And with only four ingredients and no-bake time involved you have a quick and healthy treat to feed your family even if your day doesn’t consist of an adventure.
These 4 Ingredient Coconut Lime Energy Balls are perfect to pack in lunch boxes or to have as a fun afternoon snack!
1 cup almonds
1 cup pitted and dried dates
1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 lime, zested (1 Tbsp) and juiced (1 Tbsp + 1 tsp)
Add all ingredients to food processor.
Process on high until a crumbly and sticky mixture form. Take some mixture and see if it sticks together enough to form into a ball. If it does, go ahead and form your bites. If not, add a little more lime juice or water to wet the mixture just enough to make it hold together.
You should end up with 20- 1″ bites to enjoy now or store in your fridge or freezer for later consumption.
4 Ingredient Coconut Lime Energy Bites
- food processor
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup pitted and dried dates
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 lime, zested & juiced 1 Tbsp zest & 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp juice
- Add all ingredients to food processor.
- Process on high until a crumbly and sticky mixture form. Take some mixture and see if it sticks together enough to form into a ball. If it does, go ahead and form your bites. If not, add a little more lime juice or water to wet the mixture just enough to make it hold together.
- You should end up with 20- 1" bites to enjoy now or store in your fridge or freezer for later consumption.
- Lemon Strawberry Shortcakes
- Roasted Corn and Cucumber Salsa
- Red, White & Blue Fruit Salad
- Clean Eating Apple Cereal
- Easy Beef Enchiladas
- Healthy Mini Frittatas