Celebrate the season with this delicious and festive Gingerbread Coffee Syrup.
There are only a few ingredients, one being homemade Gingerbread Butter.
Think Cookie Butter, but even better!
Put a tablespoon or two of this dairy free syrup in your coffee along with some Half and half and you will have the most delightful, sweet, and festive hot mug of goodness you have ever tasted. I know you are dying to have the Gingerbread Butter recipe so here it is!
Homemade Gingerbread Butter
1 1/8 cups gingerbread cookie crumbs (5 oz of gingerbread snap cookies, pulsed into fine crumbs in the food processor) *Use gluten-free cookies if necessary
2 TBS brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 TBS melted coconut oil
2 TBS water
1. In your food processor, add cookie crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, 1 1/2 TBS melted coconut oil, and 1 TBS water. Pulse until well combined.
2. Add the remaining tablespoon coconut oil and pulse again. Your mixture should end up being a thick gooey consistency much like peanut butter. Add in the remaining tablespoon of water in small increments until you reach the desired consistency. You may not need the full 2 TBS of water so it is best to be cautious adding it so your butter does not turn into Gingerbread soup. 😉
3. Place the finished product in the refrigerator to store. Because of the coconut oil in this recipe, it will harden in the refrigerator. You may want to bring to room temperature before you use it as a spread for toast, crackers, or apples.
I love to keep a jar of this Gingerbread Coffee Syrup in the fridge the entire month of December. It’s absolutely delicious and always gets me in the holiday spirit!
Peppermint Mocha Coffee Syrup (move over Starbucks!)
Okay, are you ready for the recipe? Here ya go!
Gingerbread Coffee Syrup
- 1 small sauce pan
- 1 whisk
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup gingerbread butter
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 whole clove or 1/8 tsp ground clove powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Add water, both sugars, gingerbread butter, cinnamon stick, whole clove and sea salt to a small saucepan and stir constantly over medium heat until it reaches a full boil.
- Boil for 1 minute and then remove from heat. Stir in vanilla extract and let cool for 5 minutes.
- We recommend straining the syrup to remove any cookie crumbs from the gingerbread butter, but this step is optional.
- Refrigerate syrup until ready to use.