Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PAMAvocadoPump #CollectiveBias
Healthy and nourishing meals don’t need to be complicated or time consuming.
One of my favorite ways to take the guesswork out of what to make for lunch or dinner is to prepare “typical” breakfast items for meals later in the day.
That’s what makes this easy 5 Ingredient Bacon Parmesan Frittata so amazing.
It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, lunch, or dinner aka brinner!
Brinner is always a favorite in our house. Not only is it delicious, but it’s simple. Whether you make this satisfying frittata in the morning or evening, you’ll love the simplicity of it.
Sticking with simplicity for this recipe, I finally jumped on the bandwagon, you guys.
I used the Walmart Online Grocery Pickup to purchase all my ingredients and It. Was. Fabulous. !!!
As soon as I was leaving the pickup area I called my husband and exclaimed, “It’s official, I’m never setting foot inside a store again! I shopped online for all the grocery and household stuff we needed while actually finding everything we had on our list. The next day, I pulled into the packing space, a kind man loaded my groceries into the trunk, and I left. Seriously babe, it was that easy and now I’m hooked.”
This grocery shopping option would have changed my world years ago when I had a 1 year old and a baby.
99% of the time they were so behaved in stores. But wholly guacamole, it would have been so much easier to have Walmart Online Grocery Pickup.
Take note mamas and/or EVERYONE, this will change your life! 😉
Once I returned home, I got busy making this Easy 5 Ingredient Bacon Parmesan Frittata.
Another first for me was using PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil. This cooking spray works so well in cast iron skillets to saute onions. Plus, this frittata doesn’t stick to the pan like AT ALL! Oh, and I love the transparent bottle.
It totally takes the guesswork out of knowing when I need more non-stick spray.
I opted for this particular spray pump because it’s built for the optimal combination of both spray coverage and control. The pump on the spray was super easy to use and really accurate.
I didn’t get beads of oil everywhere. #winning
Plus, this delicious avocado oil has no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. #winningagain
The first step of this recipe is to sauté the onions in the PAM Spray Pump Avocado Oil. After the onions are soft and slightly browned (mmmmm, all that flavor!) add the diced bacon and sauté until it’s browned.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, plain Greek yogurt, shredded Parmesan cheese, salt and black pepper. Pour the mixture into your hot pan. Don’t stir! Cook on medium heat for 3 minutes then turn off burner.
Move the oven safe pan into the 350F preheated oven and bake until the middle of the gluten free frittata is cooked through.
Typically, the middle should be not be wet to the touch, but ever-so-slightly jiggly. The frittata doesn’t need to be browned on top and will continue to cook even when taken out of the oven as it cools.
A good frittata will have a custard like texture and not be over baked.
So I know you are drooling, let’s get you the full recipe!
And don’t forget to add PAM Spray Pump Avocado Oil to your next grocery list! And PLEASE, for the love, use the Walmart Online Grocery Pickup service. 🙂
I promise you, both the cooking spray and online shopping will make your day, week, and year SO much better! #PAMAvocadoPump
5 Ingredient Bacon Parmesan Frittata
- cast iron pan
- wooden spoon
- 12 eggs
- 6 strips bacon, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 small onion, diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 15 sprays PAM® Spray Pump Avocado Oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Heat a 10 inch cast iron pan or oven safe pan over medium heat on your stove top. Spray 15 sprays of PAM Spray Pump Avocado Oil in the pan. Add chopped onions and cook for 5 minutes or until they are starting to brown.
- Add in the chopped bacon and continue to cook for 3-5 minutes until onions are browned and bacon is cooked through.
- While the onions and bacon are cooking, mix together your other ingredients.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs, Parmesan cheese, plain Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the onion and bacon in the cast iron pan. Do not mix! Over medium heat, cook the frittata on the stove top for 3 minutes.
- Then place the whole pan right in the preheated oven and bake for 15-18 minutes or until center is just set. Move the oven safe pan into the 350F preheated oven and bake until the middle of the frittata is cooked through. Typically, the middle should be not be wet to the touch, but ever-so-slightly jiggly. The frittata doesn't need to be browned on top and will continue to cook even when taken out of the oven as it cools. A good frittata will have a custard like texture and not be over baked.
- Top finished frittata with shaved Parmesan, chives, or additional cooked bacon. Enjoy!