Raise your hand if you feel like you are in a recipe rut?
A few weeks ago, I was in a rut too.
Don’t feel bad.
By: Sammi Ricke
Even though we live in the age of Pinterest, there are simply times when none of the recipes you have pinned or printed look any good.
Enter : Gluten-Free Corn Dog Muffin Bites.
They quickly broke my recipe boredom with their cuteness! How could they not? Look at them!
These kid-friendly muffin bites are super easy to prepare and have quickly become a family favorite. Let’s be honest, who doesn’t like cornbread and hot dogs?!
Though, I will tell you it took a few attempts before I convinced my daughter NOT to pour honey or syrup on them! Ketchup? Yes! Syrup? No!
Rocket science I tell ya. 😉
One great characteristic of this recipe is that these little bites reheat well after being refrigerated.
Go ahead and double the recipe so you can have them the next night or pop them in your lunch box the next day!
As you know from previous recipes, leftovers are my jam!
When we do not have leftovers, I stare blankly into our fridge because: HOW COULD I POSSIBLY come up with a meal from scratch at noon?!?!
(Curious what’s in my fridge? Click HERE)
These little cuties are perfect for a family movie night, birthday party, or even an after school snack! They certainly are not the “cleanest eating” recipe on our blog, but relatively healthy nonetheless.
Our cornbread recipe does not contain any refined sugar or oil and we used hot dogs without artificial preservatives or hormones.
See? Pretty healthy for a spin on corn dogs if you ask me!
If you would like to know more about choosing a healthy hot dog, I found this helpful guide from Eating Well!
So long for now! Be sure to let us know if this recipe is a hit in your home too! We love to hear what you think 🙂
Now without further adieu, onto the recipe!
Gluten-Free Corn Dog Muffin Bites
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- 4-5 hot dogs, cut into 1 inch bites
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a 24 cup mini muffin tin with extra virgin olive oil non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, soak cornmeal in milk for 5 minutes. Then add in remaining cornbread ingredients. Mix until just combined.
- Cut your hot dogs into 1 inch bites.
- Place about 1 Tbsp cornbread batter into each muffin cup. Place a hot dog bite in the center of each muffin cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until bread is golden brown. After you remove from oven, let cool for 5 minutes. They should pop out of the pan easily, but if they do not, run a knife around the edges to help loosen them.
- Serve with your favorite condiments!