I don’t know about your kids, but mine could live life with quesadillas as their only meal option.
Just put those cheesy triangles on a plate and they will love you forever!
Oh, and don’t forget salsa for the little lady and guac for the young man. 😉
These 4 Ingredient Chicken and Pico de Gallo Quesadillas were created out of a last minute dinner we hosted. I had just enough time to wrap my mind around what food I would prepare and head to the grocery store. Quesadillas sounded like a simple and delicious option and I knew our guests would enjoy them.
The next choice would be what protein to add to the cheese and tortillas.
Ahha! Shredded chicken with a salsa, NO a homemade pico because you all know the premade stuff is crazy expensive. Yes, that would do and hopefully it would all come together the way I had hoped.
Luckily this time it did. I have had my fair share of flops especially with first time (and sometimes 2nd-10th time!) recipes.
Why, oh why do I try new recipes when guests are coming over?! I think I like to make myself crazy. Ha!
Along with the quesadillas I threw together a Mexican-inspired quinoa salad with ingredients my kitchen so graciously had on hand. 🙂
The salad had tons of sauteed veggies, tri-color quinoa, and a few simple spices. YUMMO!4 Ingredient Chicken & Pico de Gallo Quesadillas #dinner #sammisrecipes Click To Tweet
Both the quinoa and this quesadilla recipe would be absolutely perfect for a quick family night meal or to feed guests like I did. To make it easy, pick up a rotisserie chicken and shred it at home as well as a premade pico de gallo. I know I was giving the premade a hard time, but it really is convenient!
When serving these 4 ingredient beauties give a choice of salsa, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, and ALWAYS guacamole.
I mean what is Mexican cuisine without guac?!
—>Insert my shameless plug for the WORLD’S GREATEST Guacamole recipe E.V.E.R.! <—End of shameless plug
Anywho…enjoy these easy and flavorful quesadillas! Until next time… 🙂
Pin This Image!
Chicken and Pico de Gallo Quesadillas
- 8 tortillas
- 16 oz bag of shredded cheese
- 2-3 cups shredded chicken
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place tortilla on skillet. Then place a thin layer of cheese (1/2 cup) over tortilla followed by about 1/2-3/4 cup shredded chicken, about 1/2 cup pico de gallo (drained), and another thin layer (1/2 cup) of cheese. Lastly, place 2nd tortilla on top.
- Cook until bottom tortilla is slightly and browned cheese layer is melted. Then carefully flip quesadilla and wait until the 2nd tortilla is browned and cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and with a pizza cutter slice into 4 pieces. Repeat steps with remaining 3 quesadilla ingredients.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt), and guacamole.