This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx on behalf of Ocean Spray®.
Can you ever have too many rice krispie treat recipes?
This Cranberry Seeds Rice Krispie Treats recipe is a fun twist on the traditional recipe with added health benefits!
Are you familiar with cranberry seeds? Yep, cranberries have seeds!
I am happy to say I am well acquainted with them now and have absolutely fallen in love with these little red seed beauties.
These seeds are upcycled and are a clean-label product harvested from sustainably grown cranberries.
Cranberry seeds add natural color with a neutral flavor to recipes.
Try baking them in your favorite quick bread or blend them into smoothies.
The seeds are not hard like nonpareils sprinkles. They are fairly soft, don’t get stuck in your teeth, and have a mild tart yet slightly sweet taste. I am happy to report cranberry seeds are very tasty!
My next move with these red seeds is adding them to our homemade snack bars or energy balls.
Did I mention, this is the only red seed ready for consumption? Yep, it’s true! They also help support brain, heart and digestive health.
Here are a few fun facts about cranberry seeds:
- They are an excellent source of fiber at 1.6 times the amount found in chia and flax seeds.
- Cranberry seeds are a good source of zinc, magnesium, and Omega 3 fatty acids.
- The seeds are 100% natural in vibrant red color.
- GMO free
- Allergen free
- No additives or preservatives
- Helps support immunity
As you can see these seeds offer an array of powerful nutritional benefits to support a healthy lifestyle!
Don’t you love finding new healthful ingredients? I know I do!
Time for some honestly…I have only made rice krispie treats a couple times. Cookies are typically my go-to when I am craving something sweet, but this no bake recipe is so simple and ooey-gooey. #yum
I am pretty sure I will forever be adding cranberry seeds to them because, why not? I will gladly take all the health benefits of these seeds when eating my sweets. 🙂
2 Tbsp plant based butter
5 oz marshmallows
3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal or any puffed rice crispy cereal
2 Tbsp Ocean Spray Cranberry Seeds plus more for topping
Step 1: Spray an 8×8 pan with non stick cooking spray.
Step 2: In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter on low-medium heat.
Step 3: Add marshmallows and stir until melted and combined with butter.
Step 4: Turn off heat. Add cereal and cranberry seeds. Mix until combined.
Step 5: Scoop warm mixture into greased pan. *Pro Tip: Spray fingertips with non-stick cooking spray and press the mixture into the pan.
Step 6: Sprinkle the top of the rice krispie treats with additional cranberry seeds about 1 teaspoon.
Step 7: Once the mixture is cool and set, cut into squares and enjoy.
You can learn more about these crimson jewels at http://www.cranberryseeds.com/.
Okay, let’s get you this simple Cranberry Seeds Rice Krispie Treats recipe card!
Cranberry Seeds Rice Krispies Treats
- 8×8 pan
- medium saucepan
- rubber spatula
- 2 Tbsp plant based butter
- 5 oz marshmallows mini or regular
- 3 cups rice krispies or puffed rice cereal
- 2 Tbsp cranberry seeds +1 tsp for topping
- Spray an 8×8 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter on low-medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted and combined with butter.
- Turn off heat. Add cereal and cranberry seeds. Mix until combined.
- Scoop warm mixture into greased pan. *Pro Tip: Spray fingertips with non-stick cooking spray and press the mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle top with additional cranberry seeds (about 1 teaspoon).
- Once the mixture is cool and set, cut into squares and enjoy.