This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx on behalf of Ocean Spray®.
Can you ever have too many rice krispie treat recipes?
This Cranberry Seeds Rice Krispie Treats recipe is a fun twist on the traditional recipe with added health benefits!
Are you familiar with cranberry seeds? Yep, cranberries have seeds!
I am happy to say I am well acquainted with them now and have absolutely fallen in love with these little red seed beauties.
These seeds are upcycled and are a clean-label product harvested from sustainably grown cranberries.
Cranberry seeds add natural color with a neutral flavor to recipes.
The seeds are not hard like nonpareils sprinkles. They are fairly soft, don’t get stuck in your teeth, and have a mild tart yet slightly sweet taste. I am happy to report cranberry seeds are very tasty!
My next move with these red seeds is adding them to our homemade snack bars or energy balls.
Did I mention, this is the only red seed ready for consumption? Yep, it’s true! They also help support brain, heart and digestive health.
Here are a few fun facts about cranberry seeds:
- They are an excellent source of fiber at 1.6 times the amount found in chia and flax seeds.
- Cranberry seeds are a good source of zinc, magnesium, and Omega 3 fatty acids.
- The seeds are 100% natural in vibrant red color.
- GMO free
- Allergen free
- No additives or preservatives
- Helps support immunity
As you can see these seeds offer an array of powerful nutritional benefits to support a healthy lifestyle!
Don’t you love finding new healthful ingredients? I know I do!
Time for some honestly…I have only made rice krispie treats a couple times. Cookies are typically my go-to when I am craving something sweet, but this no bake recipe is so simple and ooey-gooey. #yum
I am pretty sure I will forever be adding cranberry seeds to them because, why not? I will gladly take all the health benefits of these seeds when eating my sweets. 🙂
2 Tbsp plant based butter
5 oz marshmallows
3 cups Rice Krispies Cereal or any puffed rice crispy cereal
2 Tbsp Ocean Spray Cranberry Seeds plus more for topping
Step 1: Spray an 8×8 pan with non stick cooking spray.
Step 2: In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter on low-medium heat.
Step 3: Add marshmallows and stir until melted and combined with butter.
Step 4: Turn off heat. Add cereal and cranberry seeds. Mix until combined.
Step 5: Scoop warm mixture into greased pan. *Pro Tip: Spray fingertips with non-stick cooking spray and press the mixture into the pan.
Step 6: Sprinkle the top of the rice krispie treats with additional cranberry seeds about 1 teaspoon.
Step 7: Once the mixture is cool and set, cut into squares and enjoy.
You can learn more about these crimson jewels at http://www.cranberryseeds.com/.
Okay, let’s get you this simple Cranberry Seeds Rice Krispie Treats recipe card!
Cranberry Seeds Rice Krispies Treats
- 8×8 pan
- medium saucepan
- rubber spatula
- 2 Tbsp plant based butter
- 5 oz marshmallows mini or regular
- 3 cups rice krispies or puffed rice cereal
- 2 Tbsp cranberry seeds +1 tsp for topping
- Spray an 8×8 pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt butter on low-medium heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted and combined with butter.
- Turn off heat. Add cereal and cranberry seeds. Mix until combined.
- Scoop warm mixture into greased pan. *Pro Tip: Spray fingertips with non-stick cooking spray and press the mixture into the pan.
- Sprinkle top with additional cranberry seeds (about 1 teaspoon).
- Once the mixture is cool and set, cut into squares and enjoy.