This Healthy Air Fryer Nachos recipe is absolutely delicious and is a balanced meal option!
Add lean ground taco meat, shredded cheese, and all the fixings atop a serving of tortilla chips and halved mini bell peppers.
Who says you have to give up all your favorite foods when you eat “healthy”?
Super nachos are one of my very favorite foods and to think about leaving them behind while on my ever winding journey to have a healthy relationship with food and keeping my blood sugar stable would be an absolute tragedy. 😉
When I saw Meredith’s Instagram reel about Sheet Pan Nachos I was inspired. She has taught me so much about myself and what my body needs to feel it’s best on her Peachie Spoon Instagram account. Basically, tons of protein at each meal with some fat, fiber, and a serving of starch.
I am satisfied and not wanting to eat for at least 4-5 hours which is optimal so our body gets a break from releasing insulin. If you are constantly snacking and eating every couple hours your body is constantly working and slows down your metabolism.
Mind blowing, huh?! I totally thought it was the opposite my entire life.
I stopped snacking for the most part and if I do get snacky I grab a Built bar. They are a balanced bar packed with protein and taste just like a Three Muskateers candy bar. My favorite flavors are cookie dough, double chocolate, and salted caramel. Use my special code “HappiHomemade” to save money on every order. 🙂
Healthy Air Fryer Nachos
1 serving tortilla chips
3-4 mini bell peppers
1/2 cup taco meat (I use ground turkey or venison)
1/4 cup shredded cheese
plain Greek yogurt or a dollop of yogurt mixed with lime juice drizzled over nachos
Sliced grape tomatoes
Pickled red onions
These are my favorite toppings on gluten free nachos, but you do you boo!
Maybe you would like to add sliced black olives, guacamole or jalapenos!
If you are looking for a fun, delicious, and easy lunch these Healthy Air Fryer Nachos are it. I frequently make them when we have leftovers from tacos because it is so easy for me to pop everything in my Cosori air fryer.
Leftovers are my jam so having all the ingredients for these nachos always makes my day!
Plus, it takes 2 minutes to get the cheese melty and ready to pile high with toppings.
Be sure to follow Meredith’s recipe to serve your family loaded nachos, but if you want to make the best nachos for one this is it.
Yay for the air fryer and yay for these Healthy Air Fryer Nachos!
Okay, let me show you how to make nachos in the air fryer. Enjoy!
Healthy Air Fryer Nachos
- 1 air fryer
- 1 aluminum foil
- 1 cutting board
- 1 knife
- 1 serving tortilla chips
- 3-4 mini bell peppers, halved and deseeded
- 1/2 cup taco meat (I use ground venison and turkey)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- plain Greek yogurt or a dollop of yogurt mixed with lime juice drizzled over nachos
- pickled red onions
- 5 halved cherry tomatoes
- sliced black olives, guacamole, and jalapenos optional toppings
- Line the air fryer with aluminum foil.
- Add a layer of tortilla chips to half of the tray and the pepper halves.
- Top the chips and peppers with warm taco meat and sprinkle with cheese.
- Put tray in air fryer at 350F for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- While nachos are in the air fryer, cut your tomatoes in half, shred your lettuce or dice finely, and dice up the cilantro. Add as much lettuce and cilantro as you want.
- Remove nachos and top with salsa, plain Greek yogurt, pickled red onions, tomatoes, and cilantro. Other possible toppings are sliced black olives, guacamole, and jalapenos.
- You can lift the aluminum foil out of the hot air fryer tray and eat. Enjoy!