These Holiday Spiced Almonds are simply delicious!
I love that they are gluten-free, protein packed, and only slightly sweet.
By: Sarah Koontz
It’s the most wonderful time of the year and these sweet almonds will only make it that much more wonderful! Trust me, you have to make these and have them for your family and friends to munch on during holiday parties.
These have become a tradition in our home each and every year! I simply can’t imagine watching our favorite Christmas movies without them!
This recipe is so simple, I decided to make a “How-To” video about it. It is less than 3 minutes from start to finish….ENJOY!
Holiday Spiced Almonds
- 8 cups whole almonds make sure they are plain or raw
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- 3/4 cup white sugar organic unrefined if possible
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp almond extract increases depth of almond flavor
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease 2 large jelly roll (rimmed baking) sheets.
- Put almonds in large bowl. Mix egg whites with cold water and pour over almonds. Stir until all nuts are moistened. Add cinnamon to sugar and stir. Sprinkle with salt, and continue to stir until all of the almonds are covered in the sugar mixture.
- Spread evenly in one layer on rimmed baking sheets. Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour, stirring every 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely. Store in airtight container. These also freeze well!