Have you ever tried a roasted cabbage salad?
Let me be the first to tell you – IT IS DELISH!
Add apples, pecans, and a mustard balsamic dressing and you have one tasty recipe. It is also naturally gluten free and dairy free!
I have enjoyed making this warm cabbage salad lately.
Cabbage has certainly had a bad rap in the past, which is a shame because there are so many ways to make it flavorful and delicious! It’s not stinky or bland if you give it just a little bit of seasoning.
Did I mention that cabbage is one of the most affordable veggies? Yes, it’s true!
You can stretch main dishes further with the addition of this inexpensive vegetable and create amazing side dishes with a simple head of cabbage.
Warm Cabbage Salad Ingredients List:
1/2 large head roughly chopped cabbage (Try using both red and green cabbage because it’s so pretty!)
1/2 large diced apple
3 Tbsp chopped pecans
salt and pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar (or regular balsamic vinegar)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
5 drops liquid Stevia
Cabbage can be eaten both in cold-shredded salads like coleslaw and warm toasty ones like this recipe. I tend to make this warm salad in the cooler months when I am craving fresh ingredients but you do you boo. 😉
This dish is simple to make and keeps well in the refrigerator as leftovers. Hello meal prepping!
I love that it is low in calories too, but high in flavor.
This roasted cabbage salad also uses whole food ingredients that I typically have in my kitchen.
So go ahead and shock your family with this amazing roasted cabbage recipe!
They will be converted and asking for cabbage at each meal.
Okay…that may be excessive…once a week? Ha!
Here are a few more salad recipes you may like:
Roasted Cabbage, Apple, and Pecan Salad
- roasting pan
- salad tongs
- 1/2 large head roughly chopped cabbage
- (optional) use both red and green cabbage (because it's pretty)
- 1/2 large diced apple
- 3 Tbsp chopped pecans
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 5 drops liquid Stevia
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat or parchment paper and spread cabbage chunks.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes or until cabbage in softened and beginning to brown. The brown outer edges are so flavorful! Let the cabbage cool enough to handle before chopping into smaller pieces for the salad.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Taste test. ...Yep, it's delicious!
- Add roasted cabbage, apple and pecans to a medium sized bowl. Pour in dressing. Stir to combine and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.