By: Sammi Ricke
I have enjoyed making this warm cabbage salad for the past few months. Cabbage has certainly had a bad rap in the past, which is a shame because there are so many ways to make it flavorful and delicious. Not to mention the fact that cabbage is one of the most affordable veggies! Azure Standard is a great source for the fresh produce and pantry ingredients used in this recipe.
Lately, I have been eating my fair share of cabbage, both in cold-shredded salads and warm and toasty like this recipe. This dish is simple to make and keeps well in the refrigerator as leftovers. I love that it is low in calories, but high in flavor and uses whole food ingredients that I typically have in my kitchen.
So go ahead and shock your family with this amazing cabbage recipe! They will be converted and asking for cabbage at each meal. Okay…that may be excessive..once a week? Yes, that seems more fitting. Bon appetit!
Roasted Cabbage, Apple, and Pecan Salad with Balsamic-Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 large head roughly chopped cabbage
- (optional) use both red and green cabbage (because it's pretty)
- 1/2 large diced apple
- 3 Tbsp chopped pecans
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 5 drops liquid Stevia
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with Silpat Non-Stick Silicone Baking Mat or parchment paper and spread cabbage chunks.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes or until cabbage in softened and beginning to brown. The brown outer edges are so flavorful! Let the cabbage cool enough to handle before chopping into smaller pieces for the salad.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Taste test. ...Yep, it's delicious!
- Add chopped cabbage, apple and pecans to a medium sized bowl. Pour in dressing. Stir to combine and season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.