This Thai Slaw Chicken Salad is sure to satisfy your taste buds with it’s spicy peanut sauce, coleslaw, and tender chicken.
Plus, it’s so pretty and full of summer flavor!
I was inspired to make this recipe from The Well Nut on Instagram. Her Thai Crunch Salad look so divine that I knew I wanted to make it.
My recipe does not include roasted chickpeas like hers, but diced chicken breast. You can buy a rotisserie chicken and dice it up or bake a few chicken breasts. Whatever is easiest for you!
You may remember my Chinese Chicken Slaw Salad which is delightful as well! In recent months, I have fancied this gluten free Thai Slaw Chicken Salad because I just can’t get over the flavors and textures.
You may like the Chinese version better if you are more sensitive to spice. 😉
Thai Slaw Chicken Salad
Spicy Thai Peanut Sauce Ingredients:
Where are my meal preppers? Lunch makers? Simple recipe lovers? This dairy free Thai Slaw Chicken Salad recipe is perfect!
Keep the slaw salad, diced chicken and sauce stored separately until you are ready to prep your lunch for the day. Then stir all the ingredients together in a sealed container and grab a fork. It’s that easy.
The prepared high protein Asian salad can easily keep it’s crunch for up to 6 hours. I can’t attest to how well the cabbage retains it’s crunchy texture after that.
No matter what, the flavors are always on point! Just keep the 3 “main” ingredients separate until you are ready to devour this low carb recipe.
Lastly, if you are needing a quick dinner that you don’t have to heat your oven on those warm summer days, give this Thai Slaw Chicken Salad a try!
Yay for no bake recipes in the warmer months! I know you will just love this healthy Thai salad with peanut dressing.
Thai Slaw Chicken Salad
- 1 large bowl
- 1 whisk
- 1 medium jar
- 1 cutting board
- 1 knife
- 16 oz tri-color bagged coleslaw
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped finely
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 large cooked chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- dry roasted peanuts or cashews, optional
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter or cashew butter or PB2 made into peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp water
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- In a large bowl, big enough to hold all the salad ingredients, add all the veggies.
- In a 16 oz mason jar, add all the sauce ingredients. Whisk the ingredients well.
- If serving the entire salad, mix all the salad and sauce ingredients along with the diced chicken breasts. Mix until all ingredients are coated with the dressing. Top with peanuts or cashews, if desired.
- If you are eating this salad in batches store the salad, dressing, and chicken separately. Add 1/4 of the salad mix, 1/4 of the diced chicken, and 4 Tbsp of dressing. Mix together and enjoy!