Egg rolls are delicious!
I have yet to eat one I don’t like.
But….clean eating and egg roll don’t really fit, do they?
I am happy to announce that all changes TODAY. We can now enjoy the deliciousness of egg rolls without the deep fried guilt with this 7 Ingredient Skinny Egg Roll in a Bowl.
The 7 whole food ingredients in this clean egg roll in a bowl will fill you up and satisfy even the most intense Chinese food cravings.
Trust me, you won’t even miss the crispy outer-shell.
This recipe was inspired by a similar one I made and posted on Instagram last year. I did not expect so many of you to be interested in it. So obviously, I had to perfect the recipe and share it with all of you.
The simplicity of this dairy free recipe alone is worth it’s weight in gold! All you have to do is:
Brown the sausage, add a bag of prepared coleslaw mix, red pepper and green onion slices, and the 3 seasoning ingredients.
The whole gluten free meal takes less than 30 minutes to prepare. That’s my kind of dinner recipe!7-Ingredient Skinny Egg Roll Bowl #cleaneating #healthy #dinner #sammisrecipes Click To Tweet
I will admit if I have it on hand, I sometimes drizzle a little Hot Sweet Chili Sauce on top of my Skinny Egg Roll in a Bowl because I still want a little sweet with my salty flavors.
And in my humble opinion, a teaspoon or two of that sauce doesn’t disqualify this clean egg roll in a bowl from being healthy.
However, the love of my life, the pumpkin to my latte, and the true sophisticated palate of this marriage thought the recipe was perfect as is. I was a little worried he would miss the fried wrapper, but he didn’t.
So the next time you are needing a quick dinner idea and a healthy alternative to Chinese takeout give this simple recipe a whirl!
Even kids will like this recipe. It’s a family favorite for good reason!
7 Ingredient Skinny Eggroll Bowl
- cutting board
- large skillet
- 16 oz spicy ground turkey sausage, browned
- 16 oz package of coleslaw
- 1 red pepper, julienned
- 5 green onions, thinly sliced whites used in recipe and greens used as garnish
- 5 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp ground ginger powder
- In a large pan, brown turkey sausage.
- Next, add in bag of coleslaw, red pepper slices, whites of onion, and grated garlic. Saute with browned meat for 2-3 minutes.
- Last, mix in ground ginger powder and soy sauce. Saute another 2 minutes and serve warm!
- Top with greens of onions and enjoy!