White Chocolate Valentine’s Popcorn is the perfect festive snack! Salty popcorn is coated in melted white chocolate and tossed with conversation hearts and festive sprinkles. Sweet, salty, and easy to make, it’s a fun snack or dessert for the whole family.
Easy Valentine’s Popcorn Recipe
The only thing better than a good snack is one that’s festive. Luckily, this white chocolate popcorn for Valentine’s Day checks all the boxes!
Sweet and salty, it comes together with minimal prep time. Plus, it’s so easy the whole family can get involved.
Just combine the ingredients, and set the popcorn aside similar to chocolate bark. In no time, you’ll have a delicious treat to fill goodie bags, serve at a party, or just snack on with your loved ones!
You can even mix and match different ingredients for added flavor and different holidays. I provide ideas below.
Below are the ingredients and instructions for this recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the complete details and nutrition information!
- Popcorn – Use any popcorn you like best. I recommend using unsalted or salted but not buttered popcorn as it tends to be too rich.
- White Chocolate Chips – Chocolate bark will also work. Opt for dairy-free varieties, if needed.
- Conversation Hearts and Sprinkles – Add as little or as much as you like for extra crunch and a festive flair.
- Salt – Technically optional, a touch of flakey sea salt helps add a sweet and salty contrast I love!
How to Make White Chocolate Valentine’s Day Popcorn
Before you begin, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil, and set it aside.
- Pop the popcorn according to the package instructions. Then, transfer it to a large bowl.
- Heat the white chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn!
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn, and gently toss to combine.
- Spread the popcorn in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Scatter the conversation hearts and sprinkles on top.
- Cool in the fridge or on the counter, allowing the chocolate to harden.
- Break the popcorn into small pieces, and enjoy!
Tips for Melting Chocolate
- Use High-Quality Chocolate. The higher-quality the chocolate, the better your Valentine’s Day popcorn will taste! The chocolate will also melt more easily and spread quickly. I recommend brands like Ghiradelli or Lindt.
- Stir Frequently. Be sure to stop and stir your chocolate every 30 seconds as it melts. This will help melt it evenly and prevent it from burning.
- Don’t Use Any Liquid. Be extra careful to ensure that no water or liquid gets into the chocolate. This will cause it to seize and harden, which we don’t want!
- Work Quickly. Chocolate begins to set fairly quickly. So, make sure you have all your ingredients ready to go to ensure they cling to the popcorn.
Flavor Variations and Mix-Ins
The great thing about this Valentine’s Day chocolate recipe is that there’s really no right or wrong way to make it. Feel free to mix and match different ingredients to make it your own!
Some of my favorite variation and mix-ins include:
- Chocolate – Swap the white chocolate with milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, or dark chocolate.
- Peanut Butter – Add a layer of peanut butter drizzle, or stir in peanut butter chips.
- Pretzels – Enhance the sweet and salty flavor and add a bit of crunch with your favorite pretzels.
- Marshmallows – There’s never a bad time for marshmallows! Mix in full-sized or mini varieties.
- Candy – Swap out or add to the mix-ins with Valentine’s Day M&Ms or candy bar pieces.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
This white chocolate popcorn is best served fresh. However, leftovers can be transferred to a sealable bag or airtight container and stored at room temperature for up to one week.
Easy Valentine’s Popcorn (White Chocolate Popcorn) Recipe
- 1 spoon
- 1 large bowl
- 10 cups (1/3 cup popcorn) kernels popcorn
- 2 cups (11 oz) white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup (3 oz) conversation hearts
- Valentine Sprinkles
- dash flaked sea salt optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Pop the popcorn in an air popper or in microwave bags and pour into a large bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the white chocolate chips in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Do not overcook or the chocolate can burn and you will need to start over.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the popcorn and gently toss until it is evenly coated.
- Working quickly, spread the coated popcorn evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Scatter the conversation hearts and sprinkles evenly over the popcorn.
- Let the popcorn cool on the countertop or in the fridge until the chocolate has hardened. Break into small pieces then serve or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.