Valentine’s Day Chocolate Pretzel Bark is sweet, salty, and full of chocolate flavor! Made with dark chocolate, white chocolate, M&Ms, and sprinkles, it’s an easy, festive snack that comes together with minimal prep time!
Why You’ll Love This Valentine’s Day Chocolate Pretzel Bark Recipe
- Easy – All you have to do is melt the chocolate, combine the ingredients, and wait for them to set. Prep time is quick, cleanup is a breeze, and you don’t even have to turn on the stove!
- Customizable – I kept the recipe fairly simple, but you can easily mix and match all your favorite ingredients. You can even make it gluten-free, dairy-free, or vegan to suit all your needs.
- Stores Well – Leftovers store well, so you can make a big batch to snack on throughout the week.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Below is an overview of the ingredients and instructions for this recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card below for the complete details and nutrition information!
- Pretzels – I use twisty pretzels, but any variety will work.
- Chocolate Chips – I use a combination of dark chocolate chips and white chocolate chips for a pretty appearance and a truly indulgent flavor.
- M&Ms – Regular M&Ms will work, but Valentine’s Day colored ones are so much fun! You can even use mini M&Ms for bits of chocolatey crunch in every bite.
- Sprinkles – Use heart-shaped sprinkles, red and white varieties, or whatever you like best.
Flavor Variations and Add-Ins
- Chocolate – Swap out one of the chocolate flavors with semi-sweet chocolate or milk chocolate. Or, use all one flavor.
- Peanut Butter – Add a drizzle of peanut butter, or sprinkle peanut butter chips on top.
- Caramel – Layer caramel over the pretzels for an extra sweet taste.
- Mix-Ins – Add to or swap out the M&Ms and sprinkles with chocolate chips, candy bar pieces, Oreo pieces, popcorn, chopped nuts, or marshmallows.
Recommended Tools for Chocolate Pretzel Bark
How to Make Valentine’s Pretzel Bark
Before you begin, line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set it aside.
- Pour the pretzels into a large bowl.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds. Be careful not to burn!
- Pour the melted chocolate over the pretzels, and stir to combine.
- Transfer the coated pretzels to the prepared baking dish, arranging them in a single layer.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a separate bowl, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the coated pretzels.
- Scatter the M&Ms and sprinkles on top.
- Set the chocolate pretzel bark aside to harden and set at room temperature. Or, transfer it to the freezer to speed up the process!
- Break the pretzels into pieces, and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks for Success
- Use High-Quality Chocolate. The higher-quality chocolate, the more easily it will melt and the better your dark chocolate pretzel bark will taste. Brands like Ghiradelli or Lindt are best.
- Stir Frequently. Make sure not to burn your chocolate! Stir it in intervals of 30 seconds to ensure it melts evenly
- Work Quickly. The chocolate begins to set fairly quickly. So, have all your ingredients measured and ready to go to ensure everything sticks together.
- Set Completely. I know it’s tempting to dig in right away, but trust me. It’s worth the wait! Allow the bark plenty of time to harden and set to prevent it from falling apart.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
This Valentine’s Day pretzel bark is best enjoyed right away. However, if you have leftovers, they can be transferred to a sealable bag or airtight container. They’ll stay fresh at room temperature for up to two weeks.
More Valentine’s Day Treats
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Pretzel Bark Recipe
- 1 large bowl
- 1 sheet pan
- 1 spatula
- 4 cups (6.5 oz / 190 g) twisty pretzels
- 2 cups (10 oz) dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup Valentine M&Ms
- sprinkles optional
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Pour the pretzels into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the dark chocolate chips into a microwave-safe dish or glass measuring cup. Microwave for 1 1/2 mins, stirring every 30 seconds until all the chocolate chips are melted. Be sure not to burn the chocolate or you will need to start over.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the pretzels, and stir until combined. Dump the coated pretzels on the prepared baking sheet and spread out in an even layer.
- Add the white chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 1/2 mins, stirring every 30 seconds until all the chocolate chips are melted. Be sure not to burn the chocolate or you will need to start over.
- Quickly drizzle the white chocolate over the dark chocolate pretzels using a spatula to help. Then scatter the M&Ms and sprinkles over the coated pretzels.
- Let the pretzels harden at room temp or in the freezer (about 20 min) until hardened. Once hardened, break into pieces. Stored in an airtight container or plastic bag for up to 2 weeks.