This post has been updated from it’s original version in 2016.
Who’s excited for a new clean eating breakfast recipe? These healthy Mini Frittatas are EVERYTHING!
I don’t purchase any particular food more than I do eggs.
We eat at least 2-3 dozen per week.
The kids and I eat eggs most mornings, I typically bake like a mad women, and when Ryan is home he makes 3 egg omelets like they are going out of style.
I am so excited to share one of my favorite egg recipes with you!
These healthy Mini Frittatas are simple to make and packed to the brim with healthy whole foods.
I never bother peeling the vegetables, but if you are truly trying to hide the veggies in this recipe be sure to remove as much “color” as possible. I did peel the zucchini for these photographs because they look more appealing without a tinge of green.
Clean Eating Mini Frittatas Ingredients
1/4 cup melted butter
1/3 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 cups veggies, roughly chopped onion, zucchini, carrot, spinach, etc
2 Tbsp water
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1 cup shredded cheese cheddar, Parmesan, or a plant based dairy free cheese
It is important to me to nourish my family right away in the morning and these Mini Breakfast Frittatas do just that.
Egg muffins are the perfect protein to reheat in a snap on school mornings.
Not that I need a pat on the back, but the perfecting of this gluten free mini frittatas recipe took me FOREVER. The flavors were always there, but the texture was a constant issue. They were either too cake-like or too soggy and wet.
Healthy & Kid-Friendly Mini Breakfast Frittatas #cleaneating #egg #muffins Click To Tweet
The addition of coconut flour and baking powder seems to help the frittatas rise and retain their cute muffin shape while soaking up the extra moisture.
So go ahead and bake up a batch of these egg-celent breakfast muffins and prepare to be nourished!
How do you like your eggs in the morning? Have you ever made mini frittata muffins?
- blender or food processor
- silicone muffin pan
- large bowl
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter or plant based butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 cups veggies, roughly chopped onion, zucchini, carrot, spinach, etc
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheese cheddar, Parmesan, or plant based dairy free cheese
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a silicone muffin pan with non-stick spray. (I use this pan.)
- In a blender, Magic Bullet, or food processor add your 2 cups chopped veggies and 2T water. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Then add in all remaining frittata ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour mixture into the 12 greased muffin cups and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the frittata muffins are domed and slightly golden brown on top.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator or freezer and reheat in the microwave.