Is anyone else too lazy some weeks to make a new breakfast every.single.morning. or is it just me?
That is why this Easy Berry Baked Oatmeal is the perfect meal prep recipe!
Not only is this oatmeal easy to prepare, super duper healthy, but it feeds you ALL week.
Just bake, eat, cool, reheat, eat, reheat, eat. Okay you get the picture. 😉
Plain unsweetened almond milk, coconut sugar, and old fashioned rolled oats allow this baked beauty to be free from gluten, dairy, and refined sugar.
And get this, a 16 oz bag of frozen mixed berries is all you need to add to the oatmeal mixture to really make these oats pop.
You can use fresh berries if you have them, but the frozen bag of blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries is something most of us have in the freezer even when it isn’t berry season.
I also simplified this recipe to only use 1 large bowl, a 9×13 pan, and a whisk.
Did I also mention I am a lazy dishwasher? Haha! The less dishes and clean up the better, if you ask me. 😉
You can even add a few scoops of collagen to bump up the protein and health benefits of this dish! I usually have my collagen in my coffee each day, but it’s a great addition to baked goods too. 🙂
Here is your Easy Berry Baked Oatmeal ingredient list:
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk, plus additional milk for serving
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 2 cups frozen berries
Okay, let’s get to baking and eating this Easy Berry Baked Oatmeal. I’m hungry!
…No surprise there. 😉
Easy Berry Baked OatmealCourse: Breakfast
- Dry Ingredients
3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp salt
- Wet Ingredients
4 eggs, lightly beaten
2 cups unsweetened plain almond milk, plus additional milk for serving
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted
16 oz bag frozen mixed berries (about 2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×13 pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, and melted oil (or butter).
- Then add in all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the greased pan and top the oats with the bag of frozen berries.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until oats are tender and the mixture is set. The edges are typically browned.
- Serve immediately in a bowl with a splash of milk, drizzle of honey, or eat plain. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers to reheat later.
- I was inspired by this recipe: https://sofabfood.com/make-ahead-baked-oatmeal-for-breakfast/